Intercom users can send Wootric surveys to customers within the Intercom Messenger chat. Embedding a survey in Messenger provides a unified customer experience by reaching your customers in the right place at the right time. The installation process is code free.
Note: You must have administrator status for your Intercom account to install InMoment (formerly Wootric) Surveys in Intercom Messenger.
1. Click this button to start the installation process. You will be prompted to log in to Intercom.
If you do not have a Wootric account, you will be prompted to create one during the installation process.
Note: If you have previously installed Wootric’s Intercom integration you will need to click uninstall and reinstall. There will be no data loss during this process.
2. During the install process, you will be prompted to connect an account. If you have more than one Wootric project account, choose the project account for which you would like to send in-messenger surveys. Select the accounts by clicking in the left grey bar next to the account name. It will turn dark blue when selected.
3. Pass Intercom user attributes to Wootric (Optional). It's possible to send user attributes from Intercom to Wootric. Go to Wootric Settings -> Trigger Surveys -> Intercom Messenger and select the properties you wish Wootric to receive.
Note: Attributes that you pass do not apply retroactively. Newly added attributes will show only on new responses generated after the mapping is saved.
4. You have two options for sending a Wootric micro-survey in Intercom Messenger: manual or automatic. For manual survey deployment, go to step 5. For automatic survey deployment, go to step 7.
Use cases for a manual survey:
A customer reports that they responded to a survey in error. Offer to send them another survey right then and there in the Messenger chat bubble
Send a survey at the conclusion of a conversation
Use cases for an automatic survey:
Trigger surveys after customer journey points, e.g. send a Customer Effort Score (CES) survey after onboarding
Send a Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) survey after a new feature is used
Send an NPS campaign to monitor customer health
5. To send an in-app survey to a customer, open up a new in-app message. Click the plus button on the left side of the chat bubble to open a menu of things to insert.
6. Scroll and click on “insert app”, then click on “InMoment (formerly Wootric) Surveys”. Once you have inserted the survey, the message will be sent.
7. To send rules-based, aka filter-based, automatic surveys within Intercom Messenger, see Intercom’s help document. When you get to the message writing step, refer to steps 5 and 6 in this article.
If you are interested in auto-deploying a survey at the close of your Intercom Conversation/support chat, please read on here.
Need more details? Check out the Intercom Messenger App FAQ/Troubleshooting article or contact email@example.com